Sunday, June 28, 2015

"My College Girlfriend"~ By Sinbad the Sailor Man


"My College Girlfriend"


I remember you

Running home for our appointed lunch hours

Just one block away from that Crazy Dean's Castle

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches; halved

Steaming hot, microwaved chicken noodle soup

 Or

 Sometimes grilled cheese quartered for dipping in our tomato 

And those silly little oyster crackers

That you'd make me buy

Why!

 I had to drive five miles to get those things

And always in rush hour traffic

A full size giant dill pickle halved long ways of course

Though I knew I'd never get my half

But, I was always okay with that

You were studying to be a Marcus Well Be

A T.V. Doctor?

 I would tease you often

And

I was just graduating from the School of Hard Knocks

We made some time and we made lots of love

And then

You went away

I just was not okay with that

But, my college girlfriend

 I knew, you were going to go

Is love just a state of mind?

What makes it so... great?

I know It is more than the restless sweaty hormones

That which we all have

You learned from those straight and narrow college books

And  Those Professors

Me

I learned from the mean streets of our Chicago town

While driving that damned old taxi around

But, it always makes me glad

 To remember that day you turned those learned people

Out

 And

Choose me

Over them

or

Could it be

That you just needed me and that old taxi

To get you around in this old town

Either way

My dear, I will love you to the very end.

Thank you

My College Girlfriend


by

Sinbad the Sailor Man


 Somebody Come and Play In the Traffic With Me! Earn as You Learn, Grow as You Go!


The Man Inside the Man
from
Sinbad the Sailor Man
A
JMK's Production

 

Share this page, If you liked It Pass it on, If you loved It Follow Me!



TTFN
CYA Later Taters!
Thanks for watching.
Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

Somebody Come and Play in "Traffic" with me. If you would like to "Join" A Growing Biz Op! Here is Your Chance to get in an Earn While You Learn to Do "The Thing" with us all here at Traffic Authority.

Simply click this link and Grow as you Go Come and Play In Traffic With Me and My Team at Traffic Authority!

P.S. Everybody Needs Traffic! Get Top Tier North American Traffic Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment