Friday, January 24, 2014

PitCures in Time

Poem: The Healing Powers of Memories and Pictures Stored

A snap shot frozen in time
Weathered in vinegar or wine

Pixels spread in hues of reds, yellows, and  greens
A scene is seen; a clip of time instilled in ones mind

Black and white or blazing in Technicolor
Never any worry of any other

Albums collected and stored
Maintained, oh what a chore

A labor of love for sure
Whenever I recall my memories from

Never realizing I was under the gun
From times beginning tale; the world spun

Oh whatever, I did feel the nudge
And I can recall the feelings rendered
For time served; oh fudge

I wish I could crawl right back in
Into some of my lost shots of sin

All my wide grins, tin cans, and sand
The wedding, the golden band; your tan

To crawl back in bed with you once more
The things I would change; for that once more

Some say they would not change one thing
Oh God; dear sir, I place no blame on anything

But the focus of the shots
If time could be re-bought
For I was playing in a rigged game

How was it, I kept from going insane?
Was it the music playing deep within my brain
Or was it the beat to the continual rain?

Where are all these cares stacked?

Am I this ages Job?
Or is it my frontal lobe?

Will this story's truth ever be told
I did sell my soul for glimpses of gold

Would I sell it once more?

You bet!


A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man


Thank you for the read Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

If you would like to Earn as you Learn and Grow as you Go. I invited you to click the link that follows and join us all here at Triond.com Somebody Come and Play It’s not consider work if you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment