Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Faithfully Named"~ A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man

Poetry: A  story of life given in birth and a life taken from death


"Faithfully Named"



As I slept there, with the unknown babe, that was placed at my side
I felt a peace come over me, such that I have never known
For she was delivered late in the night; by God’s saving Grace


She was so tiny, pink, and frail; all alone
Her mother had past, just before her birth
She was our child our first

I had great Hope, that we would all
Be going home
But, we two are now both, alone

She has a head, full of dark and curly hair
She has her mother’s, deep blue mesmerizing eyes
She has my mother’s big old smile

And her mother’s, mother’s nose
She posses all of her fingers and all of her toes
She is; as healthy as an ox, the doctors all say so

That did give me some but, a fast depleting Joy
These tears they; well up in my eyes, and dry
My heart it skips a beat, maybe two

How on earth will I ever manage her, all alone
I do not know what it is, I am suppose to do
I hear that voice and I scold myself

Stop your whining fool
Man up, we have both lost so much
But, we have gained each other too


As the nurse takes her out of, that plastic container
She says as soon as you name her
You may take her home, such a chore I thought

I am paralyzed
We never did decide
Hope, Joy, Grace

The nurse could see
The distress upon my face
And the fear, as I teared

She said: don’t worry dear
It will all work out fine
Just take some time

Your wife; she had such faith, in you
She was a very lovely lady
As she placed you in my arms and then


Quietly she disappeared

The tears hung there for awhile
As I bowed my head, I mutter the words
That the nurse had said

A tear drop, must of landed on your cheek
Because, you had awoken, from your sleep
Such faith in me I said

When faith I said: your blue eyes opened wide

Faith I said again: you gave a little coo

Faith I said one last time: you smiled and I cried


A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man

Thank you for the read 

Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

If you would like to Earn as you Learn and Grow as you Go. I invited you to click the link that follows and join us all here at Triond.com Somebody Come and Play It’s not consider work if you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment