Thursday, February 13, 2014

"An Injured Soldier"~ A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man

Poetry: A Falling Angel's Reflections on His Time Here on Earth, When He Strayed From His Mission at Hand


"An Injured Soldier"

 

As I sit and ponder the incurring sentences

 Of my time on this earthly plain; for all of my insurrections

 While in my fathers army; I was a miss guided youth

 Of many years in need; to be reprieved

 From my uncertainties; and  my indiscretions

 I followed the others like a goat on a rope

 I had no thoughts of my own and I liked it that way

 Then one day you came flittering by


 With flowers in your hair; love struck, stars in your eyes

 You made my heart leap through my hardened breast plate

 I dropped my sword, my spear, and shield, I took my helmet off

 I was defenseless

 I began to have thoughts of my very own

 I walked upright and fearless

 Then you left, stuck my heart on a spit

 And slow roasted it over a pit of sorrow

 Hotter than any hell’s fire

 My darling Sprite, you were such a delight

 No matter the cost, I’d suffer it all over again

 
A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man


Somebody Come and Play in "Traffic" with me. If you would like to "Join" A Growing Biz Op! Here is Your Chance to get in an Earn While You Learn to Do "The Thing" with us all here at Traffic Authority.

Simply click this link and Grow as you Go Come and Play In Traffic With Me and My Team at Traffic Authority!

No comments:

Post a Comment