Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Damn Old Pickup Truck"~ A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man

 

Poetry: Story Poem, About a Vehicle That Gives Up the Ghost, When It is Needed Most

 

 

"Damn Old Pickup Truck"

I came home broken and busted up

I damned that old pickup truck

To hell and back with every step I took

I lost a another battle with it

And

 At the worst of times

It sits sunning itself down the road

And it refuses to start again an on this day!

As I entered the long drawn out dirt driveway

I was completely downhearted, I felt I had lost my way

Until I see them there standing all and in a row

 Arms flung wide open, hugs and tears bless my soul

Sobbing and kissing, by heck

Arms all around and about my neck

 My Sweet Pea and Honey bee’s

They cheer me on every time

 Come on Daddy!

Go and get that old thing started

We must be to church on time...

Grammy’s there, she’s waiting

She has got her new dress on

She’ll be upset with us

If we are late this time...

No my dears, we won’t be late

Grandma, she will wait for us

Even if, it is only at Heaven’s pearly gates


A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man



Thank you for the read Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man


Somebody Come and Play in "Traffic" with me. If you would like to "Join" A Growing Biz Op! Here is Your Chance to get in an Earn While You Learn to Do "The Thing" with us all here at Traffic Authority.

Simply click this link and Grow as you Go Come and Play In Traffic With Me and My Team at Traffic Authority!

No comments:

Post a Comment