Monday, February 24, 2014

"But It's a New Day Now"~ A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man

Alone Again; Double the Trouble, Double the Fun I Would Have Wished, That You Would of Become a Nun


"But It's a New Day Now"


Holy cow! 

It’s the twins birthday and the day that you went away 

You left them here with me to stay 

So now we travel on day by day


On this here so called river of life 

Its winding bends

Its twists and turns 

Its ice cold rapids  

Always shocking my nerves

They with their giggles, tears, and fits 

We are winding down now into the Seas of Adversities


But we, they and I are getting to It and through It


My dear wife this is our new life

 The terrible twos are long since gone 

 Now I thank God, for this

 I just couldn't handle that again

 All alone again

Double the trouble and yes double the fun 

But still!

 I would have wished, that you would of become a Nun


If I had to do it all alone, again I mean


I would never change that day

Down at that lake, late in June 1982


The day you and Mary Lou floated in 

On those deflating inner tubes


Giggling so hard; you both had tears, in your eyes

As you cried; I watched you

And you seen right through to me


By August you were mine and I was I your’s too


We owe it to that lazy river, it’s where we all grew up

Where we  all went to play

In those wondrous summer days

I took our little ladies tubing today

Down at that lazy river


There they were; turning blue, in their polka dotted bikinis 

The water still is crystal clear, my dear

Ice cold they, refused to go they so remind me of you and Mary Lou

You remember, the river dear It flowed down into Devils Lake

The secret cove, the swimming hole 

Were you and I became one 

I remember you on that day  always

But it's a new day now



A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man





Thank you for the read Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

Come and Play in "Traffic" with me. If you would like to "Join" A Growing Biz Op! Here is Your Chance to get in an Earn While You Learn to Do "The Thing" with us all here at Traffic Authority.

Simply click this link and Grow as you Go Come and Play In Traffic With Me and My Team at Traffic Authority!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment