Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Baby's First Day of School "~ A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man

Poetry: A Father's Little Girl, and Her First Day of School With a Sudden and Deadly Twist


 

"Baby's First Day of School"

She has been plotting all week long
Sleeping mat and a little back pack
Crayola Crayons and containers of finger paints


Our little girls first day of school



Tape, paste, and a pencil box
No more is she a baby

Now she is Daddy’s little lady
Soon she will be making picture’s made from macaroni
She squeals: "With hearts and stars"

Daddy says: "He’ll be waiting"
She is so excited, she is pacing at the door
She is in a hurry;
"Okay, okay" says: mommy, with a smile

I am ready, hurry kiss my daddy, lets go
Hey! Daddy shouts, where is my kiss goodbye
Shoulders drop feet shuffle across the floor

Okay but, only one more! Because I am in a hurry


A quick peck and a tight hug around his neck and
out the door they scurry



My little Betty Crock-er, made me blue berry muffins again

 

But, that old toaster, burnt my Eggo’s, why...? God only knows
Ah well, the muffins will have to do, as I butter them
Their aroma’s fills the air

I figured by this time
You and baby where half way there

As I get the call a steak of fear rips right through me

And out the door I run

Forgetting the muffins and my gun

 

The radio starts chirping

And then screaming hits the air

With lights and sirens blasting

I make a bee line for the school

Hoping to beat you there

A fire ball

 

The tanker split into

 

The parking lot and the building were a blazing

The heat, the heat, metal is melting

No flesh remaining!

These were the visions in my head

I fell to my knees, wishing I too were dead

Then a little known hand and a wedding band

Are placed upon my shoulders

A cry of relief now fills the air


A thought by Sinbad the Sailor Man



Thank you for the read Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

Somebody Come and Play in "Traffic" with me. If you would like to "Join" A Growing Biz Op! Here is Your Chance to get in an Earn While You Learn to Do "The Thing" with us all here at Traffic Authority.

Simply click this link and Grow as you Go Come and Play In Traffic With Me and My Team at Traffic Authority!

No comments:

Post a Comment