Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Then Came Baby, Blue"~ By Sinbad the Sailor Man

Poetry: Reflections of a Troubling Pregnancy

 

 

"Then Came Baby, Blue"

 

I told you I wanted a baby girl; big mistake
Me and my big mouth; now what will it take?

I strained and restrained to eat those words again
Because of the risk you would so selfishly make

I told you: "Most people believe that blood is thicker than water"
I said: "Water is the blood of the universe and it is pure to all who live in it"

What do you mean? You said:


I said: "When blood freezes it destroys its self when boiled it turns to dirt or blackened ash"

Water I said: "When frozen it gets hard but is not changed; for it is charged"
I continued:
"When boiled it becomes a mist and soon becomes the rain; turning back from once it came."




I said: "It matters not to me who they be who they become that is what matters to me"

You still did not get my point!

I said again: "You are so precious to me I would not take the chance"

Although your faith in the matter I did not question

It was just natures way of advancing

That is what scared me to death

I said: "I know it matters to you that you feel this child grow in side of you"

I said: "A womb is just a room"

And were you were concerned

I could not take that chance!

Again you would not hear me

 

I pleaded to myself; in my mind
I did not want to risk being left behind
 because of
The risk you wished to take

I would deny you if only I could
But, because of who I am
I could not

 Free Will
Is ingrained inside of me
To the very members of my soul

So the matter was solved
And then came our baby blue


Silent and Still...


by
Sinbad the Sailor Man



Thank you for the read Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

If you would like to Earn as you Learn and Grow as you Go. I invited you to click the link that follows and join us all here at Triond.com Somebody Come and Play It’s not consider work if you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment