Monday, February 24, 2014

"Somebody to Share You With"~ By Sinbad the Sailor Man


Immediately I begged for her forgiveness; With a single finger to my lips
And tears in her and mine eyes
Yes she said: I am willing too


"Somebody to Share You With"


I almost got it right, last night

It was going to be my last try

After all of these years, of trying


I had her head spinning
All the day long


With looks that would even melt
Your stone cold heart


With loving words, that needed no defining

With my swaggering walk

I took her to Gepeto’s 

Did you know, now you need reservations


Eighteen months in advance
But yes, you already knew that
I am never hidden from you
We sat at that same old table




 The small elegant one 

You remember


The one way in the back

The one with the golden silverware

And

The silken napkins you remember dear?


As I teased with you, I do her too

I

 Placed the cream colored velvet box


Silently upon her plate


But only after knocking the bud vase over




And to the floor as I did yours


The only difference was, her ring


It was placed in a misshapen box
One that would reassemble


A bracelet, or a locket's Box


For I knew, she knew, that I still loved you

With all my heart, even though you can not

Physically compete for it anymore as before


Not, that you would have too, my dear

You have beaten out, all Comers

Jac' replaced the bulb; as he did before

With jewelry light; intense and bright


When she had opened that box and saw


The thing


Jac' he then hits the table lights

Its facets destroyed the table setting

With their glittering, their sparkling

Every single Facet was all a glow

And then

Her smile; she flooded my heart

With pure hope

 And then

I went and blew it

I was one vowel off


An O for an A


I called my darling Danna, Donna 

I immediately, begged, for her forgiveness

With a single finger, to my lips

And with tears in her eyes and mine

Yes she said; I am willing, to share you

With her memories

And that was it

I will no longer miss

Missing you




by

Sinbad the Sailor Man



Somebody Come and Play in "Traffic" with me. If you would like to "Join" A Growing Biz Op! Here is Your Chance to get in an Earn While You Learn to Do "The Thing" with us all here at Traffic Authority.

Simply click this link and Grow as you Go Come and Play In Traffic With Me and My Team at Traffic Authority!

No comments:

Post a Comment